Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Where Much is Given, Much is Required

I have been feeling a little guilty lately because I have been given so much, and haven't been paying it forward as much as I usually do. It's hard sometimes to accept the gift of time for self. I've had a lot of time on my hands lately (and have spent the majority of it sleeping because of guilt). Today I realized that this is precious time that has been given to me to take care of myself (for once). A call from a church leader today made that very clear to me. He told me that sometimes we are required to give, but sometimes we aren't. It would be wrong of me to waste the time I have to myself. So, to all of my family, I love you very much!!! I'm excited for the future times that we will spend together, but for now, I need to take care of myself (spiritually, physically, mentally, and emotionally). The Lord knows that I have many weaknesses and I've inherited some defects to my personality, but through the Lord's help, and with the willingness to improve myself, hopefully those future times we get will be better than ever (void of dwelling on the undesirable past and full of gratitude for the people we have become and the relationships we have yet to create).

No comments:

Post a Comment