Sunday, March 21, 2010

Leading Music

In the summer of 2007, I was called to be the Chorister in Relief Society. I only had that calling for 7 or 8 months, but at first I was soooo frightened. I'm not a very musically inclined person. I don't play any instruments and I don't have a good singing voice. I learned a lot about reading music during that time and I loved sharing information about the hymns during practice time. I also had the opportunity to sing in a choir directed by Merrilee Webb for the Women's Conference in September of 2007. What an amazing and spiritual experience that was!!! It literally changed my life. By the time I was released and put in the nursery, I was so comfortable and happy with my calling that I was sad to go. I did my best in the nursery for 9 months, then had to be released due to PTA stress! Now that my time as PTA President is coming to an end, I have received a new calling (back to the nursery), but because of our recent ward split, I have been asked to lead music in Sacrament meeting a couple times. Today I had the chance to lead and I loved it! I love being able to see everyone's faces during sacrament meeting and as long as I'm familiar with the hymns, I feel very comfortable! Earlier in the week, I had been feeling very negative about my call to the nursery, but I finally received the spiritual confirmation that I had been praying for...through an email...and I realized that the Lord called me to take care of those precious kids in the nursery as if they were my own...with the same love and concern I would give to my own children! So today was amazing! I actually loved being in the nursery and I did my best!!! I didn't think the day could get any better until around 6:00 pm when I received a phone call from Rebecca Browne in our ward asking if I could lead the music for the fireside tonight at 7:00. We were privileged to be able to hear from Greg Olsen, the Artist. It was an honor to me that they would ask me to lead after having led in Sacrament today. I know that Heavenly Father knows and loves each of us and will provide us with opportunities to serve and to grow if we will open the door of our hearts to Him!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment